Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Animator Chuck Jones

As a spotlight, I could mention his academy awards, his being voted 4 of the top 5 Top 20 Cartoons, or How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Personally, I could mention how I can spot his style as easy as I can hear George Harrison riffs in a song, or how he defined Tom and Jerry over all the animators that did T&J over the years. I could also go the easy route and post videos of "What's Opera Doc" and "Duck Dodgers in the 24th & 1/2 Century". Instead, to let him speak for himself and his style to speak for my adoration, I post two of the more obscure (if anything Chuck did commercially was obscure) but no less loved cartoons.
Ralph Phillips's Boyhood Daze

and A to Zzzzz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shook his hand once. And it was quite a thought to realize that I shook the hand that drew the first drawing of Bugs Bunny.

Ronin Robot said...

Very cool. I'm assuming that was in Santa Fe, where I know his family maintains a gallery. I'm late in knowing that or I would have visited.