The internet rumors are circling about a live-action Cowboy Bebop movie with Keanu Reeves as Spike. Since I have neither have any desire to see Bebop live action, nor any faith in Hollywood to do anything right, (they have, they've just done much to much wrong) I offer here my dream team for a live-action Cowboy Bebop movie.
Spike Spiegel - Christian Bale
He's a very good actor. He know action. The three things that the character calls for is Martial Arts (Batman Begins), Slight of Hand (The Prestige) and enjoyment of a serious situation (American Psycho). He's got the look and the voice and he'd be an ultimately better choice than Mr. Men Don't Leave. In the research, I've also seen Hugh Jackman's name floated, which would work.
Jet Black - Ron Perlman
The perfect look, the perfect voice, and if he's not given one-liners to say, Hellboy isn't that far off from Jet.
Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV - Ivana Baquero
She's an excellent actress. When she played in Pan's Labyrinth, she was the right age and looked just like her, sans the red hair. That was two years ago but I bet she can still play younger.
Faye Valentine - Christina Ricci
Two Words: Ghost and World. Two more words: Fear and Loathing. Plus she already played Trixie so she's got experience in Anime to live-action.
Julia - Uma Thurman
Perfect.
Vicious - David Bowie
Yes. THE David Bowie. Not A David Bowie. Ya, ok. So I got lazy at the end and went for the easy one. Still...
Friday, December 12, 2008
Bebop Dream Team
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ghost World?
Christian Bale is a great Batman, but in all his roles he lacks something that Spike has to have; a sense of humor. Plus, I'm generally against actors double dipping major franchises (so no Jackman either). My pick would be Ryan Reynolds.
I have the same problem with Perlman, but not as much since the Hellboy gig hides him under so much makeup. So I'd be okay with him as Jet.
The casting of Christina Ricci seems too obvious, but maybe that's not such a bad thing. She's probably just right for it.
does Ivana Baquero even speak english? Also, she kind of strikes me as a little reserved for the role of manic Ed. Some unknown would probably work just as well.
Julia - Uma doesn't have the mystery for me anymore. Plus she's a little old for the role. Scarlett Johansen has the qualities, but she's so overexposed it might work against the role. My pick would be Sienna Miller, or Charlize Theron if you want star power.
Speaking of age, isn't Bowie like 70? Someonw like Guy Pierce could pull it off and seem more like Spike's contemporary.
But you're right, it shouldn't be made anyway.
Post a Comment