Dunno. Everything fired perfect for me. Quick, easy and perfect.
Is it on your Mac? Didja "replace" your old version in the App folder? Apparently not, if the old one is there still. It will import all your old settings and stuff.
I don't know what to tell you without more info. If you didn't replace the old one, I'd throw the new one (the 3.0) in the trash and do it again. But that's me.
when I drug the app to my apps folder, it asked me if I wanted to replace the older version. I said yes, and everything seemed fine. It just doesn't do anything when I start it, and I've reintalled it three times. go figure.
never mind. I figured it out. FF3 is for mac os10.4 and up; my little laptop is running 10.39. So now I've replaced my working firefox 2 with a new browser that doesn't work, and I can't find any place to redownload ff2 to get it working again. Suck. My own fault for not checking, though.
found the old version on mozilla; they even had a specific FAQ on how to fix it when 10.39 users screw it all up. Got my bookmarks back and everything. Everything is better now (kind of).
5 comments:
I downloaded it, installed it, and now it won't open, and neither will my old version. What's up?
Dunno. Everything fired perfect for me. Quick, easy and perfect.
Is it on your Mac? Didja "replace" your old version in the App folder?
Apparently not, if the old one is there still. It will import all your old settings and stuff.
I don't know what to tell you without more info. If you didn't replace the old one, I'd throw the new one (the 3.0) in the trash and do it again. But that's me.
when I drug the app to my apps folder, it asked me if I wanted to replace the older version. I said yes, and everything seemed fine. It just doesn't do anything when I start it, and I've reintalled it three times. go figure.
never mind. I figured it out. FF3 is for mac os10.4 and up; my little laptop is running 10.39. So now I've replaced my working firefox 2 with a new browser that doesn't work, and I can't find any place to redownload ff2 to get it working again. Suck. My own fault for not checking, though.
found the old version on mozilla; they even had a specific FAQ on how to fix it when 10.39 users screw it all up. Got my bookmarks back and everything. Everything is better now (kind of).
Post a Comment