Saturday, October 25, 2008

cheepeats - or - Om nom nom

Hunger is the best spice, but even Kerouac wrote extensively about the finer points of eating quality food.
I had 2 really good meals recently as close to equal in delicious as to make no odds. The first was the Lafayette Chicken & Shrimp from the Longhorn Steakhouse chain which was awesome. I've never been partial to chains, but it was very tasty. You can hardly go wrong with chicken topped with melted cheese, really, but it was expensive, coming in at just under $15 bucks alone.
The second was a concoction I made from hunger and thrift. It was a 18.5 ounce can of Cambell's Chunky® Sirloin Burger soup with a half-lb of browned (not overcooked), lean ground beef added for that extra hungry... and it was amazing. Couple of slices of bread and butter and I still can't get over how good it was. It cost me around $2 total. Win.

+=

No comments: