but it will be an extra on the DVD. This only encourages me as I sort-of knew they wouldn't have time for it in the film version. It's kind of sad, but understandable at the same time. And at least they didn't dismiss it completely. What would be extra great is if the DVD version had a selection to watch a re-cut of the movie to include it where it was in the novel.
Bestest part is that it's animated, which shouldn't have been any other way.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
It won't be in the movie....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I thought I had read that it would be released as a separate DVD the same week the movie drops, so people can watch it before (or after) seeing the film. I think "Under the Hood" is getting a similar release as well.
I totally understand why it was cut from the film; even with a three hour film, that should have been one of the first things to go. But it does add something to the story, so I too am glad.
I think ultimately the film itself is going to have problems, the most prevalent being the excessive use of slow-fast-slow motion during actions sequences. I've only seen about 45 seconds of the movie, and I've already seen enough of that crap. But on the other hand, the handling of the movie from a promotional standpoint has been pitch-perfect. From the "New American" twitter feed to the flickr pages (featuring that awesome photo of the first man on the moon taken by Dr. Manhattan), they've really filled out the story the way those back-of-issue extras did. Totally new, and totally true.
Post a Comment