If I have a hero, he's it. If I have a role model, he's the one. As much as Dr. J inspires me to be a better designer and think about the deeper aspects of what design can be, Adam Phillips inspires me to be a better animator. His stuff is spectacular and he pays his own way, doing his own thing and collaborating with other talented artists on projects. I'm not there yet, Adam. But I will be. I'm experienced enough to see your technique and analyze your kung-fu. You are the Kyūzō to my Kikuchiyo. A true Ronin. My goal is to get talented enough to collaborate with you. The training continues.
Go to Adam's site: Bitey Castle and thumb thru the "30 animations in 30 days section on the right. #16 - "Ninja" is my personal fav.
...and have a look at his entire Brackenwood series. Time well spent.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Adam Phillips - Animator extrodinare
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
have you tried out that ToonBoom program I think he talks about on his site? They have a free download for people to learn it... of course the full version is expensive, but it looks amazing.
Post a Comment