Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Trickle-down Ergonomics

Weight-loss and fitness have been successful finally. Really good strength and definition have resulted. I've got traps now. The scale said 166 yesterday. To add some cardio and back-strength, I've restarted the daily bike ride. Yes, the goal is currently cheap cigarettes, but it's easier if I have a reason to go and a destination. I figure it offsets.
There's other benefits. Spring smells and sights. Plus on a bike, you see more than a car. Today, I saw two young brothers with the reddest hair since ever. Yesterday, a guy pulled his pants down on his front porch, full-on harry crack- shorts to the knees. I'm sure it was more benign stupidity of "Ther's sumthin in muh shorts." than malignant sex-offender "here's muh ass", but damn, dude. Keep yer shorts up... and wear underwear.
There's a place right around the corner with great honeysuckle smell. There's another place that usually smells like fabric softener. There's a long stretch on the park where hot girls walk their dogs, and a couple of thigh-burn hill climbs. Most of the route is tree-covered. It seems last years ice-storm only culled the weak branches, and what's left is full and healthy.
I do it every day. It's a little over 3 miles long and it gets easier every day. Come ride with me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The fact that you way 10 pounds less than me disturbs me. Nice work.

I'd love to bike more, but our bike got stolen a couple of years back when I left the garage open too long, and we haven't quite figured out how to do a family bike convoy yet. Need to start hitting the pawn shops for a new bike.