Sunday, June 21, 2009

Animator Spotlight - Pete Docter

Director of Pixar's Up and Monsters Inc. This time I will let him speak for himself. Apparently, Every animator's roots are Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton. Not that I would argue, but I've only seen Chaplin's movies. The only eyes I've looked at Buster Keaton with are the eyes of a Jackie Chan connoisseur, being that Jackie is a Keaton devotee. Guess I will have to see them again with animation in mind instead of mindless entertainment.
He does give props to Miyazaki, who is my favorite animator of all time. Why wouldn't you give props to Miyazaki?
Here is the hour long interview with Terri Gross on NPR. Be warned. Almost the entire interview is one big spoiler. I did wait to see the movie before I listened, but if you haven't see it, go see it first. If you listen or not, go see it.

No comments: