Monday, June 8, 2009

"You get paid for that sorta thing?"

It's a phrase that has found a resurgence in my everyday speech when I see someone doing something ridiculously inane for money. It's from a National Lampoon recording (I still have the audio tape) of "That's Not Funny, That's Sick" starring very young versions of Bill and Brian Doyle Murry and Richard Belzer. (NSFW of course)
The track where I was introduced to it can be heard here and it has stuck.
Where I've used it is in things like underwater UFO hunting where dudes float around the Bahama Islands in a decent boat with expensive sonar equipment while going scuba diving, working on their tans and slinging a lot of bull.
They get paid for that sorta thing? Enough to pay for all that gear plus bills and mortgage and drinks afterward?
It just makes me sad sometimes.

No comments: