First off, you guys are awesome. Thanks for the excellent vibes.
I can't really tell you the official word other than they want to see more, as in "Can't commit at the moment," which sounds worse than it is by inflection and evidence listed below.
I impressed them with what I showed them. I could perceive the pleased, but subdued reaction to the estimate. I deliberately low-balled the price for the reason that it's still a decent paycheck, I would enjoy the job immensely, and more work would undoubtedly come if I marketed it well.
This is what I can tell you. I had to sweeten the deal (as I expected) and offer a walking sequence of the character, free of charge. I have no doubt about the entire commercial, so I have no doubt about a walking sequence, which I will enjoy doing despite being free of charge.
They also handed over the actual Tall Paul doll used in the 80's stop-motion commercials to aid in a rendering. He's standing right over my monitor like he never left my past and ready for action. If that isn't a good sign then I don't know what is. Selling now should be mostly in my skill of my art and yes, more work. Once more into the breach or close the wall with my Ronin dead.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Wish me skill update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment