Right now I'm killing time for a meeting in just under an hour to pitch a new, animated Tall Paul commercial. I've got some things on my side. What isn't on my side is the fact that I'm not the greatest salesman there ever was. Not even close. I've prepped myself and primed Paul Meade insurance with good work, public relations, knowledge and evidence. I'm right for the job. I'm ready for the job. My price is easily acceptable and comparable to none that do what I do. If I get the commercial, it will seal the deal of professional animator and, just as importantly, true ronin. If I blow it, then I'm back to where I am now. I'm not relying on luck anymore. I have to rely on skill now, and the skill will be the art of the pitch. No lack of confidence. No faltering of eloquence. No fear of failure. Charisma and perception are my only unknown factors and I hope that both together are not enough to cast doubt on my ability.
Into the breach.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Wish me skill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Good skill man!
I hope it went well. I'd love to see Tall Paul ride the digital airways.
In regards to being a salesman, I feel ya. Last March I was talking to a film writer that I respect about my film. I was referring to a mostly positive review we had gotten, and brought up some of the reviewers criticisms. Before I got too far, she gently put her hand on my wrist and said "don't ever downplay yourself to a critic." That stuck with me.
i believe in you. maybe you will, maybe you won't. but those who know you, who have any money and need for your skill and roninese, would hire you in a moment. i know i would. break a leg, rob!!
Post a Comment