Here's something I put together as an initial logo to the Oklahoma Light Rail. The project is called "Trails" right now, but it's superfluous and it's only in the concept stage anyway. It should be shortened to "Trail"
It's meant to be instantly recognizable, even at long distances. It's two color, reducing printing cost. Printed on white, it will suggest a patriotic flavor. The arrows and the skew on the "i" dot insinuates movement. The "i" with the red dot mimics the path and destination of this map by Dr. Jim Watson.
I haven't shown it to anyone, so if you want to give some criticism, honest brutality makes me and the logo better.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Oklahoma Light Rail project
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I think the font of the letters is a little too bubbly. It doesn't make me think of speed or moving forward.
I like the arrows. Perhaps the blue could be darker, more serious looking. I like the angle of the top of the "i" but perhaps not the rounded curve.
I hope this helps whether you agree with me or not. Keep it up!
I agree with Steven that the typography does seem a little fat and bubbly, like something more suited for a family park than a sleek transport.
I really like the way the L and the T reflect each other. But that requires changing the name of the project like you suggested, which most often isn't a decision the designer gets to make (people have to protect their paychecks, ya know).
good work.
I agree with the thought that the font is too fat. It was meant to be readable a long way off, but perhaps the shape of the logo would satisfy the distance recognition factor instead of the weight of the letter forms. I'll be happy to try again.
As far as the name of the project, I've found that the administrative type evolves their opinion over time when they start to see things take shape. All I could do is plead the case.
Where can I find out more about this? I haven't been able to find much on the old googles beyond the maps 3 survey referenced in the gazette article.
http://www.mtpokc.com/
thanks -
Sounds pretty cool. I especially like the idea of "wind" powered rail cars, and the "regenerative braking" concept is awesome. It's gonna take a while; I hope this has legs. It'd be nice to live in a city that leads the way in energy efficient mass trans.
Post a Comment